Tuesday 28 October 2008

Basic Grey and Spoonful of Sugar - a double challenge


Wow I am finally getting back into the swing of challenges, now that the boys are on the mend. These challenges fit nicely with the few images I have managed to get coloured whilst watching hours of Postman Pat, Bob the Builder and Thomas the Tank Engine while the boys were tucked up on the sofa.
The image was a gift from one of my friends, I am sorry I cannot remember who, I need to write peoples names on the back of the images as they arrive. I have coloured him in in watercolours and have added glitter glue to the buttons and the highlighted strips, unfortunately I am not sure that it shows in this light. The bcaking paper is basic grey from the Lily-Kate pad which I adore at the moment and I think works quite well as a winter background. The circle has been cut out using my friskars and put through my new clutterbug (brought for me by my wonderful husband) with the snowflakes folder and thus has squares and triangles on it, so qualifies just for the basic grey challenge this week. I have then edged the circle in silver sequins to add the bling factor needed for the spoonful of sugar challenge.
I hope that you like it x
image - sugar nellie
paper - basic grey - lilykate
clutterbug - snowflakes
sequins - stash

7 comments:

Andrea, said...

Oh this is fabulous, I love all the sequins and the cute image

Bev said...

Vicky this is gorgeous - love the sequin border and BG papers - so yummy!

hugs Bev x

Jane (Carroll's Creations) said...

ooh cicky this is stunning - love the sequins really sets it off

glad you and the boys are on the mend

hugs jane x

Debbie said...

Gorgeous card I love the sequins,Thanks for playing along this week, Hugs Debbie x

cats whiskers said...

Brilliant card Vicky love your colouring and that sequin halo is fab
Hugs Jacqui x

Anonymous said...

What a fab card! I love the sequins and the snowman is the best!

Heather "Hev" said...

Im in love!!!