Wednesday 9 February 2011

A competion entry - love story in 140 words or less

There is a competiton on Veronica Henry's blog, here is my entry

His bum and back snuggled into the palm of her hand, while all around beeps and alarms rang. A tear rolled down her face and splashed onto the roof of the incubator, where the tiny baby slept, wired up to machines and oxygen to help him breathe. No one would tell her why he was born so soon, she never had the expected rush of love, and the shouts of ’It’s a boy’ and being able to count ten little fingers and ten tiny toes. It was another week before she was finally allowed to hold him and when she did he opened up massive blue eyes which looked into hers and said ‘I love you Mummy’. And then the tidal wave hit.
I hope you like it x

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Awww... This sent shivers down my spine...I know that feeling you descibed soo well...Had to go through it with my daughter...

Marion said...

Ahh Vicky, That is lovely hun.
hugs
Marion

Amanda said...

What a beautifully written and deeply emotional piece.
Amanda