Wednesday 8 July 2009

Sugar Bowl - Sketch plus Glitter


Would you believe it if I said this card has been a week on the go, I have managed to do bits in between being a nurse and a comfort blanket for my two poorly little boys. Unfortunately my WOJ Design Team Call is still not finished :-( But good luck to all whom entered.

Wow I have not managed one of these for a while, I keep forgetting it is on - I am useless with fortnightly challenges.

I have washed all the papers in Tea Stain Distressed inks and used a bit on Vintage Photo on the off centre square. The image has been distressed to as a wash and then highlighted and coloured in distressed inks in shades of brown. The lace was stewed in my tea before adding (instead of the sentiment) and I have painted the flowers too before spraying them with glittermist. All papers are KandCo.

I hope you like it, it is lighter in daylight x

13 comments:

Jane (Carroll's Creations) said...

spectacular card Vicky

hope the boys are on the mend

hugs jane x

Powerful Search Engine said...

Hi Vicki I adore how you have used this image it looks beautiful.
Hugs Pascale

Juls said...

gorgeous card, love the aged look to this card, love the lace details! so sweet!

Moni said...

Beautiful card, love the image and great colours! Hugs, Moni

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Vicky,l love the image and papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Lilian said...

Sweet card! That's a very nice image and lovely coloring! Great idea to dip the lace in tea. :) Thanks for joining the Sugar Bowl challenge and hope to see you in the next one too! Have a great day!

cheryl said...

oh hun this is just great love all the detail and love the way you have aged the card great touch love cheryl xxx

Paula said...

What a beautiful card Vicki all the detail is fab.
Paula xxxx

nessy said...

wow ~gorgeous card vicky ~has a great vintage look!!
hope your boys are feeling better ~and you are looking after yourself!!
vanessa xx

Kathy said...

Pretty card Vicky! Love the distressed look of it!!
Thanks so much for joining in the challenge :)Kathy

Spyder said...

Love this image, lovely card.

((Lyn))

Lynsey said...

Hi Vicky, what a beautiful card! I love the colours. Sorry to hear your boys have been poorly, I hope they are better now.
Hugs Lynsey:)

cats whiskers said...

This is stunning dear, what a great image and fab colouring, hope you are all feeling better now
Hugs Jacqui x