Thursday 29 July 2010

Sarah Kay in Brown and Pink


Hmm the jury is still out on this one.

It is for my mother in law who adores pinks and browns, so I tried to make it match her living room! I have used my new Sarah Kay stamp, from Zoe Bunny, and coloured her in using distressed inks. The papers are from the Basic Grey Porcelin pack and I have cut her out using nesties 2. I have distressed the paper edges and used vintage photo. The image I used chalks on ( a first for me but I love the soft effect). The papers have been edges with tea dye stickles and the flowers with stardust. The flowers are a mixtre of WOC and prima. The brad, spacer and watering can charm were from Hobby House at the nec,a nd the lace is from my stash.

Challenges -
  • Stampavie - Summer
  • Zoe Bunny - Summer Days
  • Papertake Weekly - sketch
  • Everybody Art - Sketch
  • Simon Says - dotty
  • Cute Card Thursday - text
  • Wild Orchard Crafts - lace

11 comments:

Lizzy said...

WOW this is stunning! Luv the colour combo & fab layout xx Lizzy xx :)

Pop's Cards said...

This is stunning what a super cute image too, love the colours big hugs Pops x

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous, beautiful card Vicky, I think it works fabulously.
luv
Debby

Riet said...

So beautiful card,I love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Sarah Kay has such cute stamps, doesn't she? I love how you colored this image!

Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!!!

-Sarah

Lorraine A said...

the jury's still out ??? WHAT !!! this is absolutely gorgeous Vicky and am sure your MIL will LOVE it !!
stunning card ,, the image is adorable and the papers and embellies are all just perfect :-)

thanks for joining the Simon Says Stamp Challenge :-)
luv
Lols x x x

Unknown said...

Stunning work, absolutely gorgeous.
I would love to see you at Let's Ink It Up. Why not check it out here
Cheers

Martine said...

ooo this is fab :), especially love the sweet image :), thanks so much for playing along with this weeks Simon Says Challenge hun :)

Take care :)

xx
Martine

Christine said...

really sweet card
thanks for palying at CCT
Christine

Karen Howard said...

Wow, this is really stunning! If you love challenges you are sure to love my new blog: www.felineplayful.blogspot.com.
Hugs, Karen

Bev said...

Fabulous card with amazing detail sweetie, love the colours too. Thanks for joining WOC this week x