Friday 15 January 2010

Two new Magnolia Cards



Good evening everyone, hope you are ok and have survived all the snow, it is just yucky slush here and the school run a pushchair was not fun!
Here is my first card. The image was a rak of Jane which I have had for ages as I did not want to colour her as she is so beautiful but I plucked up the courage too and I think I did her proud. She has been coloured in distressed inks and sparkles added to her wings. I have distressed the papers from K and Co's life journey script pad and added tea dye distressed inks to the edges. The lace is from my stash and the flowers are wildorchardcrafts which I have tied with a bit of faded frayed ribbon. I am so pleased with the way it looks I may keep it for myself! The sentiment is heroarts.
Challenges entered for -
  • Simon Says Shabby Chic - and I will be brave and add it to their DT Call
  • Magnolia Down Under - another use for a stamp this was a winter kit.
  • Roses on Paper winter - the stamp is a winter kit stamp (abit vague I know will try and do another card to fit this)
  • Just Magnolia - Thank you.




On to my second card I have to show you. Yummy pink bobunny papers and the grey is gorgeous and from Laura Ashley. Tilda has been coloured in copics and cut with my new nesties 8 which were a Christmas present. A simple bow has been added with my usual roses. A simple birthday card as the person it is intended to doesn't do fussy!

Challenges entered for -

  • Charisma - anything new - new papers and nesties
  • Cute Card Thursday - pink and grey
  • Dutch Dare - sketch
  • Magnolia Down Under - another use for the image - it is a christmas image used as a birthday card.

I hope you have enjoyed my cards

hugs Vicky x

20 comments:

Debra James said...

Great Cards.The colurs and Detail are superb. I love how u used the Christams tilda and used her for a birthday card.Thanks for playing along with MDUC.xx

Loz said...

Love the top card... shabby chic.. looks great! Love the lace - good luck with the SSS design team.
Your 2nd card is so cute... love this Tilda... thanks for showing she's great on a b'day card. Good luck with all the challenges, have a great weekend x

cheryl said...

wow hun this is brilliant love the colurs and papers on this awesome hugs cheryl xxxxxxxx

Jane (Carroll's Creations) said...

Both are gorgeous hun

hugs Jane x

Anonymous said...

These are both beautiful cards with gorgeous coloring! I love the shabby chic, curled papers and crocheted lace on the first card; the roses, papers and punch details on the second.
Hugs,
April

Debbie Pamment said...

Beautiful job on both these cards. Love the fabulous colouring and details!
Thanx for joining us at MDUC
xXx

Barb Smith said...

The first card is particularly lovely. Very interesting.

Deb said...

such beautiful cards, many thanks for joining in the CCT challenge this week, have a great weekend, hugs Debx

Riet said...

So beautiful cards Vicky,i love your images and colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Ali Watson said...

Super cards Vicki, good luck with the DT Call. Hope you are well honey. Have a fab day!

Lorraine A said...

Fabulous cards Vicki :-) Both of them are gorgeous ,,, but i do love the shabby chic one ,,,, wonderful job :-)

thanks for joining the Simon Says Stamp Challenge and DT call :-)
luv
Lols x x

Leanne said...

Gorgeous!

Thank you for joining us at Charisma this week - good luck!

Hugs
Leanne
xx

Sally said...

Great card. Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz.

Allison said...

such pretty cards
Thanks for joining us at Charisma this week
AllisonX

Cathy said...

Fabulous cards Vicky. Love both images and its a great take on the sketch.
Thank you for joining in the DDCC this time.
Cathy xx

Juls said...

wow!! Just gorgeous!! Love the real vintage feel of your first card!! Hugs juls

Tasha said...

Beautiful cards
Thank you for joining us at Charisma Cardz
love tasha xx

Maria Matter said...

beautiful Vicky!!!

I love the lace!!
take care
Blessings, Maria

debby4000 said...

Oh these are gorgeous, wonderful shabby chic details and love that Tilda images.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamps Challenge.
luv
Debby

kanishk said...

love this Tilda

Work from home India